Can you hear it? The clock is ticking and 2017 is coming to an end. If you are giving any thought on how to end your year fiscally strong and get yourself pointed in the best direction for a healthy fiscal 2018, we are here to help. Below are some of our thoughts to help you start your year off right!
- Save. Statistically each year when it is time to set resolutions, 25% of American say they want to save money. The best piece of advice we can give is that making your goal specific is the pathway to success. Identify what you want to save money for and then do it. Do you identify with one of these specific money goals?
- I want to fully fund my IRA in 2018. Keep in mind that if you have opened an IRA on or before December 31st, 2017 you have until April 15th, 2018 to make contributions that will affect your 2017 tax year. We have several IRA options to choose from. Give us a call and we can point you in the right direction.
- I want to start an emergency fund. $1000 is a great amount to shoot for and a savings account is a great place to start.
- I want to pay cash for all my Christmas gifts in 2018. Our Holiday Club Account can be opened with as little as $10. Direct deposits make it easier to stay on track and stick to your savings goal.
- I want to save money to put at least 20% down on a new house. If you already have a bit of money set aside for a goal like this one and you know that your purchase is a couple of years off, then a product like a CD may be a great choice. We are currently offering a 2 Year 2018 Special Certificate of Deposit. Give us a call to find out more information.
- Set goals. Remember to be specific! We will be talking more about setting goals in our next blog so stay tuned!
- Budget. The key to saving is to set a budget and stick to it! Take a look back at 2017 to see where you may have over indulged and identify places you can cut back your 2018 spending. A new year is a great opportunity to start fresh!
- Give. Plan for giving. Now that you have a budget in place, add a giving line item. Pick a cause that you love and give. It’ll make you feel good and give you a healthier outlook on life!
From all of us here at Wallkill Valley Federal Savings & Loan, Merry Christmas & Happy New Year!
Thank you for being part of our community. We wish each and every one of you a joy-filled & prosperous 2018! After all, we’re your biggest fan!