We all say this at the end of every year, but can you believe 2017 is almost over?
When the year comes to an end, it’s time to reflect on the last year and look ahead to the new one.
It’s New Year’s Resolution time and at Wallkill Valley Federal Savings & Loan we want you to think about setting goals. Achievers in all fields set goals because setting goals gives us a long-term vision and a short-term motivation. They help us organize our time and resources, and give us a taste of how it will feel to see our goals through.
Here are our top tips to help you get started:
- Be specific. Narrow down exactly what you want. Making goals too broad makes them easy to abandon. Think about what you want your accomplishment to look like, and then set your goal accordingly. Get detailed. How will you feel when you reach your goal? What opportunities will you then open up to you once you have achieved success?
- Write it down. Don’t stick it on a slip of paper in a book and then stash it away somewhere. Put them in your planner. Stick them on your refrigerator.
- Break each goal down. Most significant tasks have steps. List each task and set a reasonable deadline.
- Review. Take time to look at where you are and contrast it with where you started. How are you doing? Regroup if you need to then go ahead and focus on where you’re going.
- Commit. You’re worth it! When you have down days where you feel that you can’t go on, remind yourself of your commitment. You can do this! Sure, there will be days that are hard. Look back at what you’ve already accomplished. Don’t quit. See it through!
We want you to be successful. With a game plan, and the right team on your side, you can be!
If some of your goals for 2018 are financial we can help! Give us a call or stop by a branch and speak to one of our branch managers. We’d love nothing more than to help you. After all, we’re your biggest fan!